Technical and Engineering Support
We’re up to the challenge…TEST US!
Bring us your challenges, we will analyze your acoustical or thermal applications and help design and deliver cost effective solutions that will improve your product functionality, manufacturing efficiencies, and bottom line margins.
Why use PTI for testing?
- Over 100 years of combined hands-on experience in solving energy management concerns
- In-house & On-site acoustical testing
- Acoustical seminars customized to customer's needs
- Complete laboratory facilities
- Associations with outside independent testing facilities, laboratories, technical consultants, and universities.
Many times a product has been through the final design stage before acoustical issues are raised. Because Polymer has had experience with a large variety of equipment, we have the ability to anticipate the materials needed to plan and complete the testing protocol. Polymer has earned a reputation for quick response and innovative solutions to acoustical & thermal challenges while avoiding major design modifications.
- Provides information that is both useful and necessary to correct a reported problem.
- Can help to preemptively avoid costly problems that can occur.
- Is a great way to help quantify a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Can be done in Polymer’s 12’ x 12’ hemi-anechoic Acoustical Test Chamber which is great for portable, electrically powered components.
- Large, combustion engine powered components can be tested outside of our plant in free-field conditions.
- Prototyping capabilities are available on-site.
- Our engineers can conduct acoustical testing at our customer’s facilities using a handheld digital sound level meter.
- This is especially favorable for large equipment or components that require extensive assembly or disassembly for material evaluation.
What to expect during the testing process
Typically an acoustical or thermal testing project will encompass baseline testing and then several testing treatment packages to determine the best, least expensive, insulation package Polymer Technologies can offer.
Once verification of a treatment package is conducted, the parts making up the package are quoted, then prototypes are made, and validation is completed.
Detailed reports of the acoustical or thermal testing we perform are provided as well as complete information on the process, equipment and conditions for the testing.
Physical Properties Verification Testing
Tensile per ASTM D3574; or ASTM D412
Tear Resistance per ASTM D3574, F; or ASTM D624
Indentation Force Deflection per ASTM D3574, B1 or B2
Airflow Resistivity per ASTM C522
Water Absorption per ASTM D2842
Peel Strength per ASTM D903 or ASTM D3330
Flammability Verification Testing
Horizontal Burn per UL94; MVSS302
Vertical Burn per UL94; BSS 7230
Radiant Flame Propagation per BSS 7365